Sargeant PTC is made up of dedicated volunteers who believe family involvement improves student educational experience and outcomes. Board members are elected as positions open and per the PTC bylaws.
President - Lindsey Olsen
Oversees the activities, events and programs supported by the PTC. Facilitates all PTC meetings and serves as the leader for our club.
Vice President of Annual Fund - Desiree Hessel
Supports the President, manages PTC Annual Fund Drive activities including staffing the PTC booth at events, recruiting new parent members, and maintaining PTC data on parent and community outreach & donations.
Vice President of Communications - Holly Cuthbertson
Manages the PTC website, email, and social media. Assists with coordination of volunteers for events and committees.
Treasurer - Christine Oakes
Provides monthly account tracking, manages spending spreadsheet, and oversees master budget. Organizes and tracks receipt organization and tax preparation.
Secretary - Michelle Clark
Takes minutes at all meetings, updates the bylaws and serves as Sergeant Of Arms.
Administrative Representative - Principal Rachael Peck
Here is a brief description of activities held each school year led 100% by parent volunteers!
- Auction/Raffle: Help plan, organize, and run the annual PTC fundraising auction or raffle. Volunteers solicit donations all year long, decorations/basket prep, and setup/clean-up. Chair also secures permit from the State for raffles.
- APEX Run: Students raise money through pledges from families, friends, neighbors and reach out to the community for sponsorship to match their pledges. This is an event promoting physical fitness and health.
- Art is Everywhere Program (Art Docent Program): Volunteers bring art into the classroom. Training is provided. No art experience necessary. Head Art Docent purchases supplies and trains new docents.
- Assemblies: Help plan and organize assemblies for the school. 2 per year.
- Dinners Out: Organize with local eateries dinner night out fundraisers.
- Book Fair: Book fairs are held in the spring each year. Help needed with set up, sales/cashier, monitoring sales floor and door.
- Box Tops/Amazon Smile: Help communicate to parents the fundraising efforts of Box Tops and Amazon Smile. Collect Box Tops and submit for fundraising.
- Family STEAM Events : Plan and organize STEAM nights.
- Daughters & Dates Event: Organize a night of bonding with Daughters and Dates.
- Harvest Festival: Help plan, organize, decorate, run and clean up Harvest festival fundraiser
- Hospitality: Assist with Welcome Back Breakfast and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Mother Son Event: Organize a night of bonding with a Mother/Son event.
- Spirit Wear: Promote sale of spirit wear at specified school events and keep track of money and disbursement of orders turned into office.
- Starstruck Showcase: Organize a student and teacher dance enrichment Star Struck showcase.
- Yearbook: Collect pictures from teachers and parents. Create design and layout. Send out school wide flyers to order yearbooks, collect money and keep track of pre-orders.