Sargeant PTC is made up of dedicated volunteers who believe family involvement improves student educational experience and outcomes. Board members are elected as positions open and per the PTC bylaws. New parents are encouraged to shadow or co-chair a committee to get familiar with the programs and events the PTC supports. Have interest in a position? Contact Us here. We have several Board openings for the 2020-21 school year.
President - Julie West
Julie oversees the activities, events and programs supported by the PTC. Facilitates all PTC meetings and serves as the leader for our club.
Vice President of Annual Fund - Desiree Hessel
Desiree supports the President, manages PTC Annual Fund Drive activities including staffing the PTC booth at events, recruiting new parent members, and maintaining PTC data on parent donations. She also Leads the Daughters and Dates Event.
Vice President of Communications - Holly Cuthbertson
Holly manages the PTC website, email, and social media. Assists with coordination of volunteers for events and committees. Additionally involved as an Art Volunteer and Book Fair Chair.
Treasurer - Kenna Narducci
Kenna provides monthly account tracking, manages spending spreadsheet, and oversees master budget. Also, does receipt organization and tax preparation.
Secretary - Angela Mendibles
Angela takes minutes at all meetings, updates the bylaws and serves as Sergeant Of Arms. She is our most senior Board member, a valuable asset to our PTC organization.
Administrative Representative - Principal Rachael Peck
A brief description of each Sargeant PTC Committee:
- Raffle: Help plan, organize, and run the annual PTC fundraising auction or raffle. We need multiple volunteers needed in all areas including: soliciting donations all year long, decorations/basket prep, and setup/clean-up.
- APEX Run: Students raise money through pledges from families, friends, neighbors and reach out to the community for sponsorship to match their pledges. This is a student event promoting physical fitness and health.
- Art is Everywhere Program (formerly Art Docent Program): Volunteers bring art into the classroom. Training is provided. No art experience necessary.
- Assemblies: Help plan and organize assemblies for the school. 2 per year
- Dinners Out: Organize with local eateries dinner night out fundraisers.
- Book Fair: Book fairs are held in the spring each year. Help needed with set up, sales/cashier, monitoring sales floor and door.
- Box Tops/Amazon Smile: Help communicate to parents the fundraising efforts of Box Tops and Amazon Smile. Collect Box Tops and submit for fundraising.
- Family STEAM Night: Plan and organized our night of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)
- Daughters & Dates Event: Organize a night of bonding with Daughters and Dates.
- Harvest Festival: Help plan, organize, decorate, run and clean up Harvest festival fundraiser
- Head Room Parent: Room parents act as a liaison between the PTC and the classroom. Head Room Parent provides the individual room parents with the information they need to perform their duties.
- Hospitality: Assist with Welcome Back Breakfast and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Membership: Assist Vice President of Membership with main membership drives: Kindergarten Round-up, back to school night, harvest festival, open house.
- Mother Son Event: Organize a night of bonding with a Mother/Son event.
- Spirit Wear: Promote sale of spirit wear at specified school events and keep track of money and disbursement of orders turned into office.
- Starstruck Showcase: Organize a student and teacher dance enrichment Star Struck showcase. Invite friends and family to the show.
- Yearbook: Set up drop boxes to collect pictures from teachers and parents. Create yearbook layout and place pictures. Send out school wide flyers to order yearbooks, collect money and keep track of pre-orders.